Friday 5 February 2010

Semester 2, Assignment 1; Photographs

For our first assignment of the semester, we had to swap photographs of ourselves in various stages of embarrassment growing up with someone else in our lecture group, and had to write about the photographs and what kind of an impression we could gauge from them, what they made us think, what the photographs could tell us.

I found it incredibly bizarre to write about someone I've never exchanged two words with, and felt very put on edge, as you're making massive assuptions about a person's life, without knowing their background or history. I found I could only say 'nice' things as it were, as I felt it wasn't my place to say anything that may have been conceived as nasty in any way, as I didn't know anything about the person in question.

There's at least a couple featuring what I assume to be family holidays judging by what Gemma's wearing and by how tanned she is, so would assume she's obviously quite close to her family; more so with her mum and possibly with a sister or cousin because there's a couple in which a younger girl appears who looks similar. There's one of her wearing a pale pink long sleeve top around about Christmas time, and I assume the woman on the right of the photo is Gemma's mum because she's the spitting image of her. The majority of photographs are of Gemma with friends suggesting she's pretty sociable and outgoing. The only thing I can't gauge is how old Gemma is because in what look to be the most most recent ones, she doesn't look as she's gone through any major image changes, as often happen when you grow up trying to find an exterior you feel comfortable in. This would suggest to me that Gemma is someone who's quite comfortable in her own skin. She's aways got long hair, even when she was little. There's one that looks like she's taking in part in some form of acting, so again, this would suggest confidence. She's got a really cheeky smiley face, which looks to me like she'd be pretty approachable and easy to chat to.

No comments:

Post a Comment