Friday 19 March 2010

The quality of line

Ok, so it's never been my favourite activity, but having struggled through 4 years of non-stop nudity (and that ain't as exciting as it sounds!) I thought I'd upload a few shots of my most recent session of life drawing. At Dundee College, we had it well and truly drummed into us that the quality of line in a drawing is hugely important; entire weeks were dedicated to this process, and it's something I always carry with me now. I'm not a huge tonal genius; it just always looks flat and grey, but I get well into my linear flow when I want to.





The first two were a series of 10 minute poses, and the third was 40 minutes. Funnily enough, none of my drawings are of a whole human - the first two feature a collection of torsos, and my third is only a head. Wonder why that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment