Monday 4 October 2010

Semester 1, Assignment 1: Mind Map

I chose 'Branding and Design' as my topic for the first assignment. I've chosen to examine the conflict in Israel and Palestine for the jewellery aspect of my discipline, and have been researching what brands support Israel and how they contribute to the Israeli economy, so was intrigued to look at the branding process in more depth. My mind map is a first draft, and I just jotted down words and key phrases that sparked my imagination, as well as some solid research.

I looked at the different types of brand names and what inspires them, the main aims of companies when they design their brands and how design can aid branding. With some of the subject headings, I had the information I required when it cam to writing the wiki article, but with others, I had to research further. The mind map helped me with research process as it forced me to look down many avenues and explore the subject quite fully, before I could choose areas to focus on.





No comments:

Post a Comment